UPDATE: NEW WEBSITE URL, SAME SUPERIOR SERVICE & PRODUCTS!
Skin is categorized according to different types: normal skin, oily skin, dry skin, and everything in between. However, even if you do not belong in the dry skin category, you may still experience it depending on certain factors. If you occasionally get dry skin on your face and want to improve it, read on. This article will help you understand why it happens and what you can do to prevent and treat it.
Defining Dry Skin
Dry skin, simply put, is skin that lacks moisture. Instead of feeling soft and supple, your skin might feel rough and tight. If you look at it closely, you might notice that it seems scaly and flaky. Your skin might feel dry depending on various reasons, and the changes mostly happen on your skin’s top layer. The condition, feeling, and appearance would vary from mild to severe.
How to Know You Have a Dry Skin: Some Symptoms
You know you have dry skin when you experience any of the following:
● The affected skin feels itchy and rough.
● The area feels tight, especially when exposed to water.
● You notice fine lines appearing on the dry skin that sometimes crack and bleed when stretched.
● A particular area has a different color compared to the rest of your facial skin. Often, it appears to be a bit gray-ish or red.
● You have scaly and peeling skin.
Why Dry Skin Occurs: Its Main Causes
People experience dry skin because of many factors, but here are the most common reasons:
● The climate or room temperature is low in humidity or too dry. The skin might become dry and crack when the weather is cold, or there is not enough moisture in the air. When the weather is hot, it can also cause the skin to lose moisture, resulting in flaky skin.
● You take hot showers or don’t drink enough water. In both cases, your skin might start to feel dehydrated, leading to dry skin.
● You were born with dry skin. As mentioned earlier, there are different skin categories, and some people are just born with dry skin. If this is the case, you need to adjust your skincare method. A hydrating facial cleanser or a hydration skin treatment can improve your situation.
● You have skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema, that could naturally dry out the skin.
With the many possible causes, it is best to seek a professional skin assessment to understand the real causes behind your dry skin problem.
How to Prevent and Treat Dry Facial Skin
Here are some things you can do to you want to prevent or treat dry facial skin:
● Keep yourself hydrated at all times. Drink water and eat foods rich in water, especially during the hot season.
● Bathe quickly and make sure the water is not too hot.
● Regularly apply moisturizer on your face at least twice a day. Using a heavier cream at night can improve your skin’s elasticity.
● Consider adding a mask or a serum to your skincare routine. Those two can infuse your skin with more moisture.
● Use a humidifier at home if you live in a low-humidity area.
Dry skin can sometimes feel uncomfortable, but do not feel discouraged. There is always a way to treat your condition and return your skin to its pristine, glassy look again. Make sure that you are mindful of your environment and pay extra attention to your skincare routine. This can prevent your skin from becoming dry in the future.
Furthermore, finding the right skincare products can moisturize and hydrate your skin. Get a hydrating cleanser or include the best oil for dry skin in your skincare routine. We have everything you need at Beauty Rehab RX. You can achieve perfectly glowing and supple skin in no time.